Carne Asada Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound flank or skirt steak, fat trimmed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large mango (about 1 cup), diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas for serving
Carne Asada:In a blender, combine chipotle pepper, orange juice, lime juice, oil, soy sauce, cilantro, honey and chili powder to make marinade. Place steak in a rimmed baking dish and pour marinade over. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Preheat a charcoal or gas grill to medium-high. Remove the steak from the marinade, season with salt and grill for 4 minutes a side. Transfer to a cutting board and rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
Mango Salsa:Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To Assemble:Place tortillas on a baking sheet and toast both sides under broiler until lightly golden. Slice steak into thin strips. Serve on tortillas with mango salsa.