Tommy Atkins Mangos
About Tommy Atkins
Hailing originally from Florida, the Tommy Atkins mango is the most widely grown commercial variety coming into the United States.
- Flavor: Tart with sweet notes
- Aroma: Small hints of tropical fruit and citrus
- Texture: Firm flesh and high fibers throughout
- Color: A dark red blush often covers much of the fruit with green and orange-yellow accents
- Shape: Medium to large with oval or oblong shape.
- Primary Source Country: Mexico, Brazil, Ecuador, Guatemala
- Peak Availability: March to July
*Order Varietal Cards and/ or other promotional materials from the National Mango Board here.
Why Eat Mangos?
It’s Simple. Superfruit Nutrition Benefits Plus Amazing Flavor!
Superfood Meet Superfruit
Mangos are a superfood, containing over 20 different vitamins and minerals.
Get to Know Your Mango
Learn the basics of selecting a perfect mango, how to cut it, get delicious recipes and learn about the mango varieties you can find in stores.
Easy. Delicious. Chef-Inspired.
Fan-favorite recipes that are simple and full of incredible flavor.
Mango ideas for every occasion, from weekday breakfast to holiday treats.