How to Cut a Mango
Explore the many ways to cut a mango
There are several ways to cut a mango. For the best results, watch the video to learn how to properly cut a mango.
EASY WAYS TO CUT A MANGO
A mango has one long, flat seed in the center of the fruit. Once you learn how to work around the seed, the rest is easy.
Always use a clean knife and cutting board to cut a mango. Sanitize your hands, work area, utensils and cutting board before handling or cutting any fruits or vegetables, especially if you've handled any type of meat or seafood.
Always wash the mango before cutting.
HOW TO CUT A MANGO INTO SLICES
1. Slice each side just past the seed.
2. Slice flesh without breaking the skin.
3. Scoop out slices and enjoy!
HOW TO CUT A MANGO USING A MANGO SPLITTER
1. Stand the mango on your cutting board stem end down and hold. Center the Mango Splitter above the mango, with the opening in the splitter aligned with the widest part of the mango.
2. Firmly push down to separate the mango flesh from the seed.
3. Use the "Slice and Scoop" or the "Inside Out" methods shown above to separate the mango flesh from the skin in cubes, dices or slices.