How to Cut a Mango
Explore the many ways to cut a mango
There are several ways to cut a mango. Watch to learn a few different ways to peel and cut a mango.
EASY WAYS TO PEEL AND CUT A MANGO
A mango has one long, flat seed in the center of the fruit. Once you learn how to work around the seed, the rest is easy.
Always use a clean knife and cutting board to cut a mango. Sanitize your hands, work area, utensils and cutting board before handling or cutting any fruits or vegetables, especially if you've handled any type of meat or seafood.
HOW TO CUT A MANGO INTO SLICES
1. Slice each side just past the seed, about a ¼ inch from the center.
2. Slice flesh without breaking the skin.
3. Scoop out slices with a large spoon and enjoy!
HOW TO DICE A RIPE MANGO
1. Make sure stem is on top, then cut vertically, ¼ inch away from the midline.
2. Make the same cut on the other side.
3. Cut the flesh in a grid like pattern without going through the mango skin.
4. Use a large spoon to detach the flesh from the skin and scoop the cubes out.
HOW TO CUT A MANGO USING A MANGO SPLITTER
1. Stand the mango on your cutting board stem end down and hold. Center the Mango Splitter above the mango, with the opening in the splitter aligned with the widest part of the mango.
2. Firmly push down to separate the mango flesh from the seed.
3. Use the "Slice and Scoop" or the "Inside Out" methods shown above to separate the mango flesh from the skin in cubes, dices or slices.
1. With a glass, this works well for a fully ripe mango
2. With a large spoon, this works well for a fully ripe mango
3. With a peeler, this works best for firmer mangos which are unripe or just about ripe.
4. With a knife, this works best for firmer mangos which are unripe or medium ripe and requires extra care when handling.