The Communications Program is designed to enhance industry communication and preparedness to create a unified mango industry. Communications outreach will help accentuate industry education initiatives around mango quality and food safety, communicate industry messages, maintain a reputation and crisis communication, promote sustainability efforts and encourage outreach to processing facilities.
This project is designed to enhance communication between NMB staff and mango industry providing an opportunity to showcase tools and resources to better support the needs of mango industry members. The meetings also help the NMB staff build rapport and develop relationships with members of the mango industry.
- Provide extension materials and information to mango growers, harvesters, packers, shippers and importers to enable them to understand how the harvesting and handling practices affect the quality and acceptability of their mangos in the marketplace.
- Demonstrate simple and practical quality control practices to ensure the highest possible product quality and safety
Increase awareness of developed tools and resources.
- Reduce postharvest losses (i.e. adjustments, etc.)
- Tapachula, Mexico – April 26 & 27, 2018
- Los Mochis, Mexico – May 30 & 31, 2018
- Piura, Peru (PROMANGO) – June 7 & 8, 2018
- Guayaquil, Ecuador – August 30 & 31, 2018
- Mazatlan, Mexico – September 2018
- Brazil – October 3, 2018
- Haiti – October 24, 2018
- Piura, Peru (APEM) – November 8 & 9, 2018
- Guatemala – December 6 & 7, 2018
- Grower’s Summit – Mango Festival – Coral Gables, FL – July 12 – 15
Get the schedule for the Producer Extension Workshops and find out how you can get involved.
Check the Events Calendar for news about the upcoming industry outreach meetings and industry events. In between meetings, the best way to keep up with news from the NMB is by signing up for the Mango Connection or by following Mangos Connect on Facebook and on LinkedIn.
CRISIS COMMUNICATION TRAINING
This project includes media training for the Crisis Readiness Team. The team includes: NMB Chair, NMB Vice-Chair, NMB Ex-Officio, Marketing Committee Chair, Research Committee Chair, Communications Committee Chair, Executive Director, Director of Marketing, Director of Research and the Director of Communications.
UPDATE CRISIS COMMUNICATION PLAN
The NMB has created a comprehensive Issues and Crisis Response Guide that outlines the process we will follow in response to a developing crisis or issue. The plan is intended to help the mango industry respond to a crisis in the most efficient and effective manner in order to protect consumer health. The plan includes industry resources as well as credible third-party information to aid the mango industry in its response. You can download a copy of the 2016 Issues and Crisis Response Guide. This guide can also be a great foundation for creating your own issues and crisis response guide for your company. Please be patient as the document is large and may take several minutes to open, depending on your connection speed.
The NMB also put together a list of resources for the mango industry to utilize in case of a recall. This list provides information on what to expect from health agencies and what resources are available to assist your company if you execute a recall. Click here to download the National Mango Board Recall Resource.
TRADE MEDIA OUTREACH
The Trade Media Outreach Program is design to enhance communication and reach retailers, wholesalers and industry members with mango messages that can help increase mango awareness.
- Paid advertising in produce trade publications keeps NMB messages top-of-mind for retailers and industry members
- Investment in trade media advertising helps NMB maintain strong relationships and garners media coverage for PR program
- Advertising schedule is planned to align with stories or special sections for mangos or tropicals
- Year-round media outreach to increase coverage for mangos and the NMB among retailers and mango industry members
- Trade publications rely on the NMB for feature articles and special sections focused on mangos and tropicals
- Press releases provided by NMB offer comprehensive information on key initiatives, industry news, etc.
TRADE MEDIA TRANSLATION
- Translate press releases as needed.
Contact Angela Serna at email@example.com for ad schedule placement and trade media details.