STRATEGIC PLAN & BUDGET
NMB WEBINAR – May 2018
The NMB hosted a free webinar to share with the industry an exciting overview of the NMB’s 2018 Marketing and Research programs and up-to-date-information on the proposed rule to amend the Mango Order to include frozen mango. Manuel Michel, NMB’s Executive Director and Valda Coryat, Director of Marketing facilitated the webinar and held a question and answer session following the presentation.
Click here for the previously recorded webinar.
Click here to download the presentation.
THE NATIONAL MANGO BOARD USES A STRATEGIC PLAN, DEVELOPED BY THE BOARD MEMBERS, TO ENSURE THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE MANGO INDUSTRY ARE BEING SERVED AND THE FUNDS ARE BEING INVESTED WISELY.
The following priorities provide the framework for the NMB’s programs from 2018 to 2020. The strategic plan is revisited every three years to make sure the organization is still working toward the right goals. Each year, specific marketing, communications, research and industry relations projects are developed to work toward these key objectives. To learn more about how the NMB works to fulfill these objectives, and view project highlights and results, check out the quarterly Strategic Plan Update Summary, available in the downloads tab below. To learn more about how the NMB operates click here to view the NMB Institutional Video
2018 – 2020 NATIONAL MANGO BOARD STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
Increase the consumption of fresh mango in the U.S. by inspiring consumers and educating them about the culture, flavor, and nutrition of mangos, while bringing the industry together.
For mangos to move from being an exotic fruit to a daily necessity in every U.S. household.
- We serve each part of the mango industry equally
- We focus on science-based nutrition and health benefits of mangos
- We support the industry to deliver consistent high-quality and great-tasting mangos
- We create strategic communications and marketing programs that can be customized by market
- We innovate, constantly finding new ways to build the mango industry and improve the consumer experience
- We operate with sustainability and social responsibility as core industry practices
- Deliver High-Quality & Flavorful Mangos
- Establish and maintain a consistent high-quality product and improve the flavor profile as delivered to the consumer
- Market Positioning
- Deeply understand our strategically most valuable audience(s) and develop a clear, long-lasting, inclusive positioning/messaging platform which is consistent across channels
- Consumer Education
- Understand and dimensionalize key consumption barriers and create and execute strategies to enhance consumer familiarity and understanding
- Market Penetration
- Drive mango market penetration at retail and foodservice
- Industry Service
- Improve value-add and industry satisfaction for the mango industry
MAKING A DIFFERENCE – ONE MANGO AT A TIME
Since the National Mango Board (NMB) was formed in 2005, the group has been working to increase mango consumption in the United States, and striving to measure the impact of the program.
From the number of mango samples served at sampling events, all the way up to the total value of all mango imports; the NMB sets goals, measures outcomes and evaluates results every step of the way
Check out the comprehensive 2016 Annual Report for an overview of last year’s activities at the NMB, with updates and results of marketing and research programs.