When are mangos in season?
Detective Mango is here to solve another fruity mystery – when are mangos in season?
We get this question a lot. There are some assumptions that mangos are only available in the summertime, but we’re here to debunk this myth! Mangos are actually always in season here in the United States. We’re lucky to have access to many different varieties of mangos, and because they each have their own unique seasons, we can enjoy mangos all year long!
There’s always more to the story though. If you’re looking for a specific type of mango, then of course, there are different seasons. For example, if you’ve got a hankering for a yellow honey mango, then you’re going to have to wait it out until mid-February or March. It’s all based on which country the mangos are coming from, the climate during that season and so many other factors. Luckily, every time you go to the super market, you should be able to find one of these six popular varieties.
- Honey mangos have some availability from January to late-February, reach peak availability from late-February to mid-July, and have some availability from late-July to the end of December.
- Francis mangos have some availability during April, reach peak availability from May to July, and have some availability in July, August, early September, and mid-October to mid-November.
- Haden mangos have some availability from mid-January to March, reach peak availability during March, April and early May, and have some availability in May, June, July, early August, mid-September, October, November and early December.
- Keitt mangos have some availability in early March, reach peak availability mid-March through early April, have some availability in mid-April through late-July, peak availability August through September, and some availability October through December.
- Kent mangos reach peak availability from January to early February, have some availability in early February through the beginning of December, and reach peak availability through the end of December.
- Tommy Atkins mangos have some availability from late January through early March, reach peak availability in early March through mid-July, have some availability in mid-July through December.
If you have a favorite, this handy chart will help you identify when that variety is available. Looking for more information about each type? Look no further than our Varieties & Availability page that outlines where each type is grown, their unique properties and more!