Mango Habanero Sangrita
- 1/2 cup - fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup - fresh lemon juice
- 1 each - unripe mango, diced
- 3 cups - tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon - grenadine syrup
- Dash(es) - habanero hot sauce,
- 1 large pinch - freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon - sea salt
serves Makes 1 quart of Sangrita, Serves 16 (2 fluid ounces).
Recipes Developed by Jorge Fitz and Beto Estua, Casa Jacaranda, Mexico City
- Add the lemon juice, lime juice and mango to a blender. Blend into a smooth liquid.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled in caballitos or small cups that will keep it cold.
- You can spice it up with a pinch of freshly ground black pepper in each cup, or a dash of habanero salsa.
- Pair with your favorite shot of mezcal or tequila on the side.