Sriracha Mango and Basil Pasta
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mango, cubed
- 2/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 10 snow peas, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons black or white sesame seeds
serves 4 to 6.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and salt and boil until pasta is cooked yet tender, about 10 minutes.
In a saucepan over high heat, combine mango, coconut milk, shallot, Sriracha and ginger. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender and add sesame oil and a pinch of salt. Puree until smooth.
Reserve 1/3 cup of pasta water, then drain pasta. Return the spaghetti to the pot and add sauce, the reserved pasta water, bell pepper and snow peas. Stir to combine. Garnish each serving with 1 teaspoon sesame seeds.