Chicken Wings with Mango-Chili Sauce
- 3 large mangos, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon organic molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds chicken wings (about 24), wingtips removed, or
- drumettes rinsed and patted dry
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
- Place all of the mango-chili sauce ingredients into a high-speed blender. Puree until smooth.
- Place chicken wings in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Coat with 1/2 cup of mango-chili sauce, set the rest of the sauce aside for later. Sprinkle wings with sesame seeds and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Grease a grill or grill pan. Grill the wings for about 5 minutes on each side, or until opaque and fully cooked through.
- While wings cook, place reserved sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes. If the sauce is too thick, add a few teaspoons of water until the desired consistency is reached. If the sauce is too thin, continue to cook until thick.
- Toss chicken wings in 1/4 cup of sauce (or brush sauce on them) and place on a serving platter.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and diced mangoes, and serve with remaining mango-chili sauce on the side for dipping!
Recipe courtesy of Lexi's Clean Kitchen.