Mango & Peanut Sauce Pasta Salad
- 1 tablespoon salt (optional)
- 1 1-pound box bow-tie pasta (or shape of choice)
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large mangos (about 3 pounds total), peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 scallions, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Bring 4 quarts of water to boil in a large pot. Add salt and pasta and cook according to package instructions for al dente. Reserve 1 cup cooking water. Drain pasta in colander, rinse with cold water, drain again and transfer to large bowl. Add toasted sesame oil and toss to coat.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, hot sauce, ginger and sugar; adding pasta water as needed to thin. Add cooled pasta, mango, red peppers, scallion, and cilantro to peanut sauce and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature.