For the mango rice
For the simple slaw***
- Heat one tablespoon of sesame oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and garlic.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Add rice, coconut aminos, black beans, and mango purée.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Return cooked mushrooms to the pan with sea salt, scallion, and cilantro.
- Cook for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Combine red bell pepper, carrots, cabbage, rice vinegar, oil, and cilantro in a bowl. Toss thoroughly.
- Serve immediately with mango rice.
*Please note, mushrooms can be swapped for zucchini or eggplant.
**Tamari can be swapped for coconut aminos, depending on what you have on hand.
***Also note that the slaw can be made with vegetables that you have on hand, or simply with the leftover mango.