Cauliflower Lemon Mango Rice:
For the Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix completely. Place in a storage container and cover tightly.
For the Cauliflower Rice:
- Using riced cauliflower, in a large sauté pan add oil to pan and turn to high heat.
- Once oil is hot add in the cauliflower rice and start to cook sear. Season with salt, pepper, turmeric, and ginger and cook throughout.
- When Fully cooked add in the lemon juice and lemon zest, mango, and parsley, and mix completely. Set Aside for plating.
For the Shrimp Curry:
- In a larger sauté pan, place the oil in the pan and heat on medium high.
- Place the shallots and garlic in the pan and start to cook.
- Season the shrimp with the seasoning, once the shallots and garlic are cooked place shrimp in the pan making sure they are flat for a good sear. Sear for about a minute until half of the shrimp turns white. Flip over and cook for 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl mix the curry paste, coconut milk, and peppers.
- Once shrimp has cooked for 30 seconds add in the curry milk mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Once mixture is simmering and staring to thicken up turn off and remove from heat.
- To plate place the cauliflower rice mixture in the bowl and then place the shrimp in the bowl next to the rice and then top the shrimp with curry sauce mixture.
- Garnish the entire plate with cilantro and gunpowder seasoning.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jason Hernandez of Blade & Tine Culinary Consulting