- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 sliced Thai chillies
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 green (under ripe) small mangos (spiralized* or julienne cut)
- 8 oz smoked fish
- 8 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 Persian cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 10 mint leaves (small or torn)
- 10 Thai basil leaves (small or torn)
- 1/4 cup toasted peanuts
- ripe mango balls (for garnish)
Whisk together vinegar, fish sauce, water and sugar.
Add in Thai chili and garlic and let sit 20 minutes to overnight for flavors to develop.
Gently toss everything together.
Using tongs, divide into 2 bowls and serve.
*To spiralize green mangos: Use an apple slicer or blender attachment. Because mangos have seeds, set up to peel up and down the length of the mango. When using a table top apple slicer, remove the slicing insert and it will continually “peel” the outside if you continue to start and stop. Spiralize green mangos up to 3 hours in advance of service to maintain quality of the noodle.
Recipe by Chef Mikel Anthony with Chef's Roll