- 2 ½ cups cubed butternut squash (small cubes)
- 2 cups cubed mango (small cubes)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss butternut squash and mango together to combine.
- Add tossed squash and mango to a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- While squash and mango bake, whisk together butter, maple syrup, minced garlic, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg until combined.
- Once squash and mango are baked, remove from oven and drizzle with maple liquid and toss to make sure all pieces are covered. Season with salt and pepper to taste then return to oven for 25-30 minutes or until syrup is caramelized and squash and mango are completely tender. *Be careful not to let syrup burn so make sure to stir throughout cooking process 2-4 times.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving dish. Garnish with rosemary and serve.
Recipe submitted by Jocelyn Delk Adams, Grandbaby Cakes