- nori dried seaweed sheets
- mango slices (½ inch thick)
- avocado slices (½ inch thick)
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ripe mango (peeled and flesh cut away from the seed)
- 1 tbsp ponzu
- 1/2 tsp wasabi
- water (as needed)
- 4 jumbo shrimp (16-20), butterflied flat
- Tempura batter mix
Imitation Crab Mixture
- 4 oz imitation crab
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp crab seasoning or to taste
Cook rice according to package instructions with the addition of vinegar and sugar.
Puree mango with ponzu and wasabi until smooth.
Cook over medium heat until mixture coats the back of a spoon.
Prepare tempura batter, dip prepared shrimp into batter and fry.
Let cool before assembly.
Place Nori seaweed flat.
Dip your hands in the water.
Lay a thin layer of rice down in the middle and push out towards the edges until paper is covered.
Place a thin layer of crab mixture, about ½ inch thick, in the middle from one side to the other.
Top with avocado, mango, two pieces of shrimp with tails out.
Roll into a cylinder and slice into 8 pieces.
Recipe by Chef Mikel Anthony with Chef's Roll