Mango Jerk Salmon Burgers
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon Jerk seasoning
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound wild caught salmon with skin completely removed
- 1 cup cubed Keitt mango (about ½ large mango)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup plain bread crumbs
- Oil of choice for cooking or non-stick spray if grilling
serves Serves 4-6.
- In a small bowl, add brown sugar, jerk seasoning, paprika, cayenne, and salt and pepper and stir together until combined. Set aside.
- Add salmon to food processor and grind until it is completely ground with a texture like ground beef or turkey. Remove from food processor and add to a large bowl.
- Completely clean food processor or add to a blender mango and lime juice and puree until smooth.
- To the ground salmon, add a ¼ cup of the pureed mango, all of the breadcrumbs, and 3/4s of the spice mix. With your hands, shape and form burger patties.
- Heat a skillet with 1-2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat or spray grill with non-stick spray. Cook patties on each side for 3-5 minutes depending on doneness you prefer.
- Serve on brioche burger buns and top with your favorite desired toppings.
Recipe submitted by Jocelyn Delk Adams, Grandbaby Cakes
Check out our blog for Mango Jerk Salmon Burger meal planning