Mango Jerk Salmon Burgers
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon Jerk seasoning
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound wild caught salmon with skin completely removed
- 1 cup cubed Keitt mango (about ½ large mango)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup plain bread crumbs
- Oil of choice for cooking or non-stick spray if grilling
serves Serves 4-6.
- In a small bowl, add brown sugar, jerk seasoning, paprika, cayenne, and salt and pepper and stir together until combined. Set aside.
- Add salmon to food processor and grind until it is completely ground with a texture like ground beef or turkey. Remove from food processor and add to a large bowl.
- Completely clean food processor or add to a blender mango and lime juice and puree until smooth.
- To the ground salmon, add a ¼ cup of the pureed mango, all of the breadcrumbs, and 3/4s of the spice mix. With your hands, shape and form burger patties.
- Heat a skillet with 1-2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat or spray grill with non-stick spray. Cook patties on each side for 3-5 minutes depending on doneness you prefer.
- Serve on brioche burger buns and top with your favorite desired toppings.
Recipe submitted by Jocelyn Delk Adams, Grandbaby Cakes