- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 11/2 tsp of turmeric
- 1 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 medium russet potatoes, cubed
- 2 large carrots sliced
- 2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 mangos, cubed
- 5-6 cilantro sprigs
- 3-4 tablespoons of sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons sliced serrano peppers
- In large heavy-bottom saucepan, over medium high heat: Heat the oil until hot, add the shallot, garlic and turmeric. Cook and stir for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Stir in the coconut milk, then add the chicken stock, fish sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes. Add potatoes, carrots and turn down heat to low. Cover and cook until vegetables are fork tender, about 90 minutes.
- Serve with cubed mango, cilantro, green onions, red bell pepper and serrano peppers.
Recipe by Matt Robinson, Real Food By Dad
Check out our blog for more cozy soup recipes.