Spicy Mango Strawberry Dressing:
Garlic Shrimp and Mango Salad:
For the Shrimp:
- Peel the garlic cloves and grind well in a food processor, while slowly adding the water.
- Wash the shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
- Marinate the shrimp with the garlic mixture using a basting brush, then sprinkle with sea salt. Set aside.
For the Salad Dressing:
- For the dressing, use a food processor to blend the fruit, jalapeÃ±os and cilantro until smooth. While the processor is still working, incorporate the oil slowly into the processor bowl. It will emulsify to create a silky dressing that packs a spicy and fruity kick. Add sea salt to balance the flavors.
- Place is a container and cover. Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Salad:
- Tear the lettuce and toss in a bowl with the mango cubes.
- Pan sear or grill the marinated shrimp on each side until done, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve shrimp immediately on a bed of lettuce and mango salad, drizzle with one tablespoon of the Spicy Mango Strawberry Dressing.
(1 salad): 200 calories, 8 g fat, 90 mg cholesterol, 20 g carbohydrate, 14g sugar, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein, 470 mg sodium