Caribbean Mango Chutney Chicken Wrap
- 6 12-inch tomato tortillas
- 6 3-ounce portions Black Beans with Garlic and Oregano, recipe follows
- 12 tablespoons sour cream
- 6 ounces shredded romaine
- 6 3-ounce portions Mango Chutney, recipe follows
- 6 Grilled Jerk Chicken Breasts, diced 1/2 inch, recipe follows
BLACK BEANS WITH GARLIC AND OREGANO
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 18 ounces canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
GRILLED JERK CHICKEN BREASTS
- 6 5-ounce chicken breasts
- Pan coating, as needed
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean Jerk spice
- 4.5 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 ounces red onion, diced 1/4 inch
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh minced jalapeno pepper
- 15 ounces fresh mango, diced ½ inch
- 1.5 ounces raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, table grind
- 4.5 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
At service:Heat tortilla to soften. Place 3 oz heated black beans on lower third of tortilla. Top beans with 2 Tbsp sour cream, 1 oz shredded Romaine, 3 oz warm mango chutney and 1 diced jerk chicken breast. Roll burrito style; cut in half on the diagonal. Serve immediately.
Black Beans with Garlic and OreganoHeat oil in saucepot; sauté garlic until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add beans and oregano and simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Hold hot at 140 degrees F or above for service or cook quickly to 40 degrees F or below. Shelf life: Use within 48 hours. Reheat quickly to 165 degrees F (for 15 seconds).
Grilled Jerk Chicken BreastsSpray each chicken breast with cooking spray and sprinkle with ½ tsp jerk spice. Preheat char broiler to medium high and spray lightly, about 1/3 of a second. Sear chicken 1 to 2 minutes, until surface has grill marks, has caramelized and sealed. Turn and repeat on second side. Transfer breasts to a sheet pan and if necessary finish in 325 degrees F oven until minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F (for 15 seconds) is reached. Cool quickly to 40 degrees F or below. Shelf life: Use within 48 hours. NOTE: Each 5 oz raw chicken breast yields 3 to 3 ½ oz cooked product.
Mango ChutneyHeat oil in saucepot. Add onion, ginger and jalapeno and sauté for 2 minutes. Add mango, raisins, salt, pepper and vinegar and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until mango begins to soften. Remove from heat and season with cilantro. Hold hot at 140 degrees F or above or cool quickly to 40 degrees F or below. Use within 72 hours. Reheat quickly to 165 degrees F (for 15 seconds). Shelf Life: Use within 72 hours. Reheat quickly to 165 degrees F (for 15 seconds).
Source: Chef Chuck Hatfield, Sodexo