Pulled Pork Sandwich with Mango Barbecue Sauce
MANGO BARBECUE SAUCE
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1 jalapeÃ±o peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3/2 cups bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Hot sauce (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- mango, peeled, pitted and mashed
- Soft rolls
- Mango Slaw (optional)
- Prepare the sauce by stirring together all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- For the pork, stir together spices in a medium bowl; add pork and toss until coated. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a Dutch oven or stock pot.
- Add pork and cook until browned on all sides (in batches if pot is narrow). Remove from pot.
- Heat remaining oil and add onion; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5 minutes to brown.
- Add pork back to pot with mango and 1 1/2 cups mango barbecue sauce (reserve extra sauce for serving); cover and cook over low heat for 2 1/2 hours or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
- Serve shredded pork on rolls with a drizzle of barbecue sauce. Great with a spoonful of Sweet Mango Slaw on top or served on the side.