- 4 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 4 thick slices of French bread
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1 mango, thinly sliced and removed from peel
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- Toast the coconut: Spread coconut out in an even layer in a dry pan. Turn heat to medium high and stir constantly for 3 to 4 minutes or until coconut is golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Make the cinnamon toast: In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar together. Spread butter onto one side of the French bread slices and place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 to 2 teaspoons of cinnamon sugar evenly over the buttered bread. Place the bread under the broiler, watching closely, for about 2 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and crisp.
- To assemble: Spread a tablespoon of whipped cream cheese on each piece of toast and top with mango and strawberry slices. Sprinkle toasted coconut and chia seeds on top and serve. Makes 4 pieces of toast.
Recipe submitted by Julie Gransee, Lovely Little Kitchen