Spice and Ice
- 2 ounces rum
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 3/4 ounce Ginger-Habanero Syrup, recipe included
- 3/4 ounce fresh mango puree
- Adam’s 7 Spice Blend, recipe included
- 1 thin slice fresh mango, for garnish (1/3 ounce)
Spice and Ice (Mango-Ginger-Habanero Daiquiri)
- Shake first 4 ingredients vigorously and strain into a chilled 10-ounce cocktail glass rimmed with Adam's 7 Spice Blend.
- Garnish with fresh mango wedge.
- Heat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to just before boiling with 1 seeded habanero pepper and 3 ounces sliced fresh ginger.
- Remove habanero 5 minutes after taking off of heat.
- Cool and strain out ginger. Keeps sealed in the refrigerator 3 weeks.
Adam’s 7 Spice Blend:
- Whisk together 2 parts ground cinnamon, 2 parts ground fennel, 2 parts ground ginger, 1 part ground Szechuan peppercorns, 1 part ground cloves, 1 part ground star anise, 1 part ground cardamom.
- Blend total spice volume with an equal part of superfine bar sugar.
- (Alternatively, start with whole spices and turbinado sugar, in equal proportions and blend in a Vitamix. The oil in whole spices are richer and get absorbed into the turbinado sugar as it cracks in a high power blender.)
Source: Adam Seger, Mixologist, Tanzy, Scottsdale, AZ