Southwest Mango Pizza
- 1 chipotle pepper packed in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon aged balsamic vinegar
- Flour, for rolling
- 14 ounces whole wheat pizza dough, rolled out to 12 inches
- Chipotle sauce
- 1/2 cup rotisserie chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/3 cup black beans (rinsed and drained if canned)
- 10 zucchini slices, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup mango, diced
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Fresh lime wedge (optional)
serves 4 (2 slices per person).
Preheat oven to 450°F. Place a baking stone in the oven to preheat (unless using a pre-baked store-bought pizza crust – then follow the package instructions).
Coat a pizza peel with flour and place pizza dough on top. Top pizza dough evenly with chipotle sauce. Add chicken and cheese, then follow with corn, beans and zucchini. Slide the dough onto the baking stone and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the crust is toasted and golden.
Remove from oven and top with mango. Add red onion and cilantro to taste. Squeeze fresh lime juice over pizza before serving, if desired. Cut the pizza into 8 slices.