Quinoa Burgers with Mango Curry Relish
- 1 1/2 cups small dice ripe mango
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup toasted whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups mixed greens
- A delicious, healthy, and protein-packed quinoa burger with a fresh and flavorful mango relish kissed with curry and a hint of lime.
- Make the relish: In a bowl, combine the mango, cilantro, lime juice, and curry powder. Set aside until needed.
- Make the burgers: In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic, salt, and pepper. Using 1/2 cup at a time, make patties out of the quinoa mixture.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the quinoa burgers for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes until golden. Serve each burger on a bed of 1 cup of the greens and top with mango relish.
This recipe was created by the National Mango Board exclusively for the Greatist.