- 2 oz mango syrup (recipe follows)
- 1.5 oz bourbon
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice (about one lime)
- 1 oz cranberry juice cocktail
- Very cold sparkling water (for maximum fizz)
- 2 ripe red mangos, sliced and fruit scooped from the skin
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
Blend the Mango and water together in a blender for 30 seconds or so until smooth.
Add the mixture to a small saucepan and stir in the sugar.
Cook over medium low heat until the syrup starts to simmer. Once it’s simmering, cook for 5 minutes on low heat then remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for at least an hour.
After the hour is up, strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve to catch any pulp and store the syrup in the refrigerator until ready to use.
In a cocktail shaker, add everything except the sparkling water with a handful of ice and shake for 30 seconds to get everything super cold.
Pour over a short glass of ice and top with 1-2 oz of the sparkling water. Garnish with a mango slice and serve.
Recipe submitted by Billy Green, Wit and Vinegar.