Multigrain Turkey-Mango Club
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 large Hass avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves, trimmed to the size of the bread slices
- ½ large tomato, cut into 4 slices
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices roast turkey breast
- 1 ripe mango--peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set the bacon on the foil and bake until golden and crisp, about 15 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the bacon to a paper-towel- lined plate to drain.
To a blender jar, add the avocado, yogurt, lime juice and salt. PurÃ©e until the sauce is smooth and creamy, about 25 seconds.
Plate the bread slices on a cutting board. Divide the avocado spread among the bread slices, spreading it into an even layer. On top of 2 pieces of bread, divide the lettuce and tomato. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the tomatoes. Divide the turkey and mango over 2 more bread slices, then place the turkey-mango-topped bread slices over the tomatoes. Invert the last 2 bread slices, avocado side down, over the mangos.
Skewer the 4 corners of each sandwich with toothpicks or cocktail swords. Use a bread knife to divide each sandwich into quarters and serve.
Recipe from the Tasting Table Test Kitchen