For the Gingerbread Cake:
- Place egg whites in a bowl and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom of a 15x10x1 inch baking pan, then line with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper and lightly dust with flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, cocoa powder, clove, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks on high-speed with the molasses and brown sugar for approximately 3-minutes. The consistency should appear thick like cake batter when ready.
- In another bowl with clean beaters, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add in the white sugar, while beating, allowing the sugar to dissolve before adding more.
- Continue beating until soft peaks form again.
- Fold the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture until well combined.
- Fold flour and spice mixture into the egg mixture and fold until well combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until center springs back when lightly touched.
- Lie a tea towel on a flat surface and generously dust with powdered sugar.
- Carefully invert the cake onto the tea towel and peel away the parchment paper. Discard the paper.
- Roll the towel and the cake up together, starting with the short side, to form a ‘roll’ (like a Jelly Roll). Place on a wire rack and allow to cool completely in a refrigerator for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight if possible.
For the Mango Filling
- In a large bowl, with a mixer on medium-high, cream together the cream cheese, butter, and sugar.
- When the ‘grit’ from the sugar is gone, add the mango puree, dried mango, turmeric, and vanilla until well incorporated.
To Assemble the Yule Log:
- On a flat surface, unroll the gingerbread cake and towel so the cake lies flat on the towel.
- Evenly spread the mango filling across the cake, leaving 1/2 inch space from all edges.
- Roll the cake back up again, without the towel, and ensure the seam side down.
- Garnish with additional powdered sugar and slice into 1” pieces just before serving.