- To make the crunch: Combine cornmeal, curry, salt, and ¾ teaspoon olive oil. Set aside.
- To assemble the jalapenos: Rub outside of each pepper half with olive oil.
- Fill center of each pepper with cheese, reserving 2 tablespoons to sprinkle on top.
- Place 3 or 4 sticks of mango into each pepper pushing down.
- Sprinkle a large pinch of crunch mixture on each pepper. Sprinkle a few shreds of reserved cheese on each pepper. Sprinkle another pinch of crunch mixture on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes; serve warm.
Source: Chef Meryl Connell, Southwest Soul Catering Essex Fels, NJ