Mango and Watermelon Salad
- 2 large (or 3 small) ripe, slightly soft mangos, peeled, pitted and cut in large dice
- 1 cup seedless watermelon, cut in large dice
- 1/2 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 12 small cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup watercress, washed and dried
To Prepare the Salad:In a medium stainless steel bowl, combine the mango, watermelon, onion, jalapeno and tomatoes.
To Prepare the Dressing:In a small bowl whisk the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, honey and salt.
To Serve:Drizzle dressing over the mango mixture and toss with cilantro and watercress.
Source: Chef Allen Susser