- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lb shrimp
- 4 large Haden Mangos, skinned and sliced
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- jalapeños, fresh or pickled
- pico de gallo
- cotija cheese
- In medium bowl, combine lime juice, tequila, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne; mix thoroughly. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and sprinkle with salt. For easy grilling, thread shrimp on a skewer. (If you're using bamboo skewers make sure to soak them in room-temperature water for 30-60 minutes before grilling.) Make sure to leave some space between each shrimp so the heat can circulate.
- Place the mango slices and the shrimp skewers over direct heat and cook, turning once until they are slightly charred, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. For the shrimp make sure the flesh is pink and charred (again about 2-3 minutes on per side).
- To assemble: Place shrimp and grilled mango in the heated tortillas and finish with toppings.
Recipe submitted by Matt Robinson, Real Food by Dad