Grilled Chicken Kabob with Mango Tahini Sauce
- 1 stalk lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic (about 2 medium cloves)
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced into ½-inch strips lengthwise
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes prior to use
For Mango Tahini Sauce:
- 2 mangos,
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
serves Serves 4.
- To make chicken: In a bowl, vigorously whisk together lemongrass, oil, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, soy sauce and garlic until smooth and well combined. Alternately, blend everything in a blender on high for 30 seconds.
- Pour marinade in a re-sealable plastic bag and add the chicken. Transfer bag to refrigerator and marinate for 1 to 2 hours, turning bag occasionally to marinate evenly.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and thread onto wooden skewers.
- Turn grill on to high, close the lid and let heat for 10 minutes. Open lid and turn heat down to medium high.
- Grill the chicken until browned on both sides and cooked through, about three minutes per side.
- To make Mango Tahini Sauce: Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve grilled chicken kabobs with fresh mango spears and mango tahini sauce.
- Optional: garnish with cilantro, red jalapeños and Thai chilies.
Recipe submitted by Matt Robinson, Real Food by Dad