Not a Mango Industry Member? Visit:
The Retail Promotions & Marketing Program is designed to increase presence and sell-through of mangos at retail. The program accomplishes its objectives by educating retailers on mango handling and merchandising practices, support retail promotions for whole and fresh-cut mangos, encourage ripe and ready-to-eat mango programs, gain retail data and consumer insights, motivate sustainability efforts, and sharing the mango nutrition messaging through of Point-of-Sale (POS) materials.
Retail Account Manager Team
The Retail Account Managers and Retail Program Manager are our connection to retailers across the country. They share our tools with retailers and set up retail promotions using our promotional funds. The Retail Account Managers maintain ongoing retail relationships via meetings, phone and email. NMB staff has ongoing training and communication with the team.
Regional Trade Shows
These shows offer great opportunities to see retailers in a more relaxed setting, closer to their own “home base.”
- Southeast Produce Council - February 28, 2015
- New England Produce Council - September 17, 2015
- New York Produce Show - December 2, 2015
Retail Communication Tools
- Mango Mover monthly email blast to retailers
- Design, printing, storage, fulfillment and shipping and retailer training materials
- Printing, fulfillment and shipping for Mango Mania Display Contest – open to all retailers
- Mango University diplomas and reward for completion
- Prizes for Mango Retailer of the Year program
These funds are used as incentives to help retailers promote mangos more often and more effectively. Promotions are planned with large and mid-sized retailers. The timing of promotions is spread through the year to align with the volume of the mango crop. The NMB will host a small retailer national display contest to engage retailers, offering them educational materials and incentives.