- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the mango puree until well incorporated.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, add the cornstarch. Slowly whisk in the milk until well incorporated.
- Whisk in the cream and the honey.
- Place over medium heat and heat to approximately 180 degrees. Do not let boil.
- Slowly* temper the milk mixture into the bowl with the egg yolks and mango.
- Return the mixture back to the saucepan over medium heat and stir in ground turmeric.
- Bring to a boil, hit at least 210 degrees, constantly whisking the entire time.
Once the temperature hits 210, return the heat to low and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, whisk in the vanilla.
- Divide evenly into 4 trifle cups and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, overnight for best results.
- Once chilled, top each trifle cup with 1/2 cup pound cake, 2 tablespoons fresh mango, and top with 1/4 cup mango nectar.
- Top with whipped cream of choice and candy corns if using. Enjoy!
*Be sure to slowly incorporate the milk with the cornstarch so you don't get lumps. Temper means to constantly whisk the yolk and the mango while adding a light stream of hot milk to it with a ladle. This helps to slowly bring up the temperature of the egg yolks. If you don't do this slowly, the egg yolks will cook and get lumpy.