Not a Mango Industry Member? Visit:
The National Mango Board’s Industry Relations program provides open, two-way communication between the NMB staff and members of the mango industry. This communication is an important way to let the industry know what resources are available to them and to provide information about how the funds are being invested on their behalf. Just as important, the NMB staff learns directly from the industry what is needed to help improve their mango business.
Industry Outreach Webinar
The webinars provide another opportunity for staff to share the board’s message with industry members who aren’t able to attend in-person meetings. Last year's Industry Outreach Webinar was on December 4, 2013. If you missed it, don't worry it was previously recorded for future viewing. Click here to see it.
For more details about upcoming NMB Industry Outreach Meetings and industry events, visit our event calendar.
The NMB travels to the growing regions to meet with industry members, share details about the programs and results, and hear feedback from the growers, packers and exporters. The top mango importing port cities are also included on the industry outreach meeting schedule, allowing the NMB to meet face-to-face with importers, wholesalers and others who handle mangos in the U.S.
Here is the outreach planned for 2014. Stay tuned with the Mango Connection when dates are determined:
- McAllen, TX - April 24, 2014
- Los Angeles, CA - May 1, 2014
- Pompano Beach, FL - July 15, 2014
- Miami, FL - July 16, 2014
- Anaheim, CA (PMA) - October 18, 2014
- Nogales, AZ - October 30 - November 1, 2014
Outreach Meetings & Producer Extension Workshops:
- Boca del Rio, Veracruz, Mexico - April 8-10, 2014
- Peru - June 11 & 12, 2014
- Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico - July 14 & 15, 2014
- Juazeiro/Petrolina, Brazil - July 23, 2014
- Los Mochis, Sinaloa - August 7 & 8, 2014
- Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico - August 12 & 13, 2014
- Guyaquil, Ecuador - September 4 & 5, 2014
- Port-au-Prince, Haiti - October 8, 2014
- Guatemala - December 10 & 11, 2014
Outreach Efforts at Trade Shows:
- Southern Exposure Produce Conference, Orlando, FL - February 28-29, 2014
- Fresh Produce Association of the Americas, Nogales, AZ - March 12-13, 2014
- United Fresh, Chicago, IL - June 10-13, 2014
- Fresh Produce & Floral Council's Southern California Fresh Produce & Floral Expo, Anaheim, CA - July 15, 2014
- Midwest Produce Conference & Expo, Chicago, IL - August 11-13, 2014
- New England Produce & Floral Expo, Newport, Rhode Island - September 11, 2014
- PMA: Fresh Summit, Anaheim, CA - October 17-19, 2014
- New York Produce Show & Conference, New York, NY - December 2-4, 2014
Get the schedule for the Producer Extension Workshops and find out how you can get involved.
Check the Events Calendar for news about the upcoming industry outreach meetings and industry events. In between meetings, the best way to keep up with news from the NMB is by signing up for the Mango Connection and watching our news page.
Crisis Communication Training
This project includes media training for the Crisis Readiness Team. The team includes: NMB Chair, NMB Vice-Chair, NMB Ex-Officio, Marketing Committee Chair, Research Committee Chair, Industry Relations Committee Chair, Executive Director, Director of Marketing, Director of Research and the Director of Industry Relations.
Update Crisis Communication Plan
This project updates our crisis communications plan which was developed in 2008. Meanwhile, the NMB has created a comprehensive Issues and Crisis Response Guide that outlines the process we will follow in response to a developing crisis or issue. The plan is intended to help the mango industry respond to a crisis in the most efficient and effective manner in order to protect consumer health. The plan includes industry resources as well as credible third-party information to aid the mango industry in its response. You can download a copy of the 2013 Issues and Crisis Response Guide. This guide can also be a great foundation for creating your own issues and crisis response guide for your company. Please be patient as the document is large and may take several minutes to open, depending on your connection speed.
The NMB also put together a list of resources for the mango industry to utilize in case of a recall. This list provides information on what to expect from health agencies and what resources are available to assist your company if you execute a recall. Click here to download the National Mango Board Recall Resource.