Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wrap with Mango and Daikon Sprouts
- 2-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons siracha
- 6 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 2-1/4 cups diced ripe Fresh Mango*
- 1-1/2 cups daikon sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons white pepper, divided
- 3 pounds 12 ounces fresh rock shrimp
- 2-1/4 cups rice flour
- 2-1/4 cups A.P. flour
- 1 cup 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons toasted white sesame seeds
- 60 leaves Bibb lettuce cup leaves
- 12 sprigs cilantro, for garnish
- 1/2 cup siracha, for garnish
serves 12 servings.
Whisk together mayonnaise and siracha; set aside for shrimp.
To make mango slaw: Toss together cabbage, mango, daikon sprouts, lime juice, sesame oil,
3 teaspoons salt and pepper.
To prepare flour mixture: Toss together flours, cornstarch, 3 teaspoons salt and 6 teaspoons pepper.
Per order: Toss 5 ounces shrimp with flour and fry shrimp at 350 degrees F in soybean or canola oil for 3-1/2 minutes, until light golden brown and crispy. Remove shrimp from fryer, drain on paper towel; toss with siracha mayonnaise mixture and toasted sesame seeds.
To serve: Arrange 5 lettuce and shrimp on a rectangular plate. Garnish the shrimp with cilantro sprig and the plate with drops of siracha. Spoon about 1/3 cup mango slaw onto a small plate.
Source: Chef Scott Wallen, Upstream, Charlotte, NC