Sparkling Fresh Mango Ginger Green Tea
- 1 green tea bag
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 ounce coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh mango, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3/8 cup sparkling water
- 2 thin slices fresh lime for garnish
- 2 thin slices fresh mango for garnish
YIELD: 1 drink
To make tea, steep one green tea bag boiling water with fresh ginger for 20 minutes. Strain off ginger, discard tea bag and refrigerate. Use cold.
Puree 1/8 cup of diced mango with the ginger infused tea. Mix in lime juice, sparkling water and pour over ice into a 16 ounce glass. Stir in remaining 1/8 cup diced mango and lime slices. Garnish the rim with slices of fresh mango. Serve immediately.
Source: Chef Karen Gorrell, Ideation Foods