Pork Pot Stickers with Red Pepper Jam & Pickled Mango Slaw
- 60 pork pot stickers
- Red Pepper Jam (recipe follows)
- 1 pound 2 ounces (3 cups) julienned ripe Fresh Mango*
- 12 ounces (3 cups) julienned red bell pepper
- 12 ounces (3 cups) julienned green bell pepper
- 14 ounces (3 cups) julienned red onion
- 2-1/2 ounces (2/3 cup) julienned poblano pepper
- 1 ounce (3 tablespoons) julienned jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 ounces (1/2 cup) cilantro chiffonade
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1-1/3 cups clover honey
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
Red Pepper Jam (Yield: 3 cups)
- 1 pound 4 ounces (2 cups) roasted red bell pepper, diced
- ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) roasted jalapeno pepper, diced
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1-1/3 cups sugar in the raw
serves 12 servings.
To make mango slaw: In a large bowl, combine mango, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, red onion, poblano pepper, jalapeno pepper and cilantro. Set aside. Warm cider vinegar slightly and in another bowl whisk cider vinegar, honey and pineapple juice. Pour vinegar mixture over slaw mixture and gently combine; marinate 4 hours.
To assemble, per serving: Spoon approximately 3 tablespoons of Red Pepper Jam onto each plate. Top with 5 pot stickers. Place 2/3 cup (7 ounces) of slaw on each plate next to the pot stickers.
Place roasted red bell peppers and roasted jalapeno peppers in saucepan with the vinegar; bring to a boil. Add sugar; reduce heat to simmer and cook 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour through a fine strainer or chinois.
Source: Chef Carmen A Cappello and Chef Nicholas Crater, Red Star Craft House, Exton, PA