Mango Breakfast Muffins
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup expeller-pressed coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe mango (about 1 cup), diced
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper cups.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking powder, flax seeds and salt. In another bowl, combine eggs, coconut sugar, coconut oil, milk and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined. With a spatula, fold in the diced mango.
Evenly divide the mixture between the muffin cups, sprinkle with additional oats and place in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of one muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack before serving.