- 3 cups cubed fresh mango (about three mangos)
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup finely ground almonds (or almond meal)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix mangos and berries together along with cornstarch. Mix until coated.
- In another large bowl, mix oats, quinoa, flaxseed meal, sliced almonds, ground almonds, salt, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Stir to coat.
- Pour the mango berry mixture into a well-oiled 12-inch skillet. You can also use a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Spread the oat mixture over the top of the fruit and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden. Allow to cool, and then serve alongside yogurt or with a drizzle of coconut milk or heavy cream. Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
- To prep ahead of time for easy, on-the-go breakfasts, fill 6-ounce jars three-quarters full with Mango Berry Breakfast Crisp, and top with yogurt. Seal jars with lids and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Recipe submitted by Julie Gransee, Lovely Little Kitchen