Mango and Turmeric Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup raw brown rice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mango, diced
- ½ cup roasted unsalted cashews, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion until softened, about 3 minutes. Add rice, turmeric powder, curry powder, mustard powder and red pepper flakes, and Sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add chicken or vegetable stock and salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 50 minutes or until all stock has been absorbed.
Fluff rice with a fork and stir in mango, cashews and parsley. Serve immediately.