Salmon, Mango and Curry Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 (6-ounce) skin-on salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or canola oil
- 1 large mango (about 1 cup), diced
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 lime wedges (optional)
In a medium pot, bring coconut milk, stock, curry powder and honey to a boil. Once boiling, add quinoa and cover. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until most of the liquid has absorbed. Add spinach; stir and cover. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
Season the salmon with salt. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Once the oil is hot, place salmon skin-side down and cook for 4 minutes, until skin is golden and crisp. Flip salmon and cook for an additional 3 minutes, until the salmon is cooked to your liking and flakes easily with a fork.
Divide quinoa between two plates and top with salmon, mango, cabbage, cucumber, cilantro, basil and a squeeze of lime juice if desired.