Spinach Salad with Mango Vinaigrette and Cashews
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup roughly chopped raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, halved
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and chopped into ¼-inch cubes
In a fine-mesh sieve or colander, mix the onion with ½ teaspoon salt. Set aside for 5 minutes, then rinse under cold water. Transfer to paper towels.
In a large skillet set over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the cashews and cook, shaking the pan often, until the cashews are golden-brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in ½ teaspoon salt and turn out onto a large plate to cool.
In a salad bowl, whisk together the mango chutney, oil, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, the black pepper and the juice of ½ lime. Add the spinach, onions and cashews and toss to coat. Sprinkle the mangos over the salad, squeeze the remaining ½ lime over the top, gently toss and serve.
Recipe from the Tasting Table Test Kitchen