Spicy Mango Poke on Lotus Root Chips
- 1 pound sushi-grade Ahi tuna cleaned and trimmed, ¼ to ½-inch dice
- 1 cup diced fresh mango, ¼-inch dice
- .25 ounce sweet onion, minced
- .5 ounce Poke sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ginger root, fine mince
- .25 ounce toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Furikake
- Salt, to taste
- Lotus root chips
- Sriracha sauce, for garnish
- Chive, minced, for garnish
Lotus Root Chips
- .5 pound lotus root, sliced paper thin
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
Mango PokeIn a chilled bowl, add all the ingredients except the lotus root chips, chives and sriracha. Do not prep more than 1 hour in advance of service.
Serve immediately on lotus root chips, about 1 ounce Poke mixture per chip topped with 1 drop of sriracha and ¼ teaspoon minced chive.
Lotus Root ChipsFry in 350 degree fryer for 1 to 2 minutes until edges start to lightly brown. Transfer chips to a cooling rack, season with salt and allow to cool completely. NOTE: Wonton chips may be used if lotus root is unavailable.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Dave Woolley