Mango Chow-Chow (Yield: 3 cups)
- 2 firm ripe mangos, diced small
- 1 large shallot, minced (optional)
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Sweet Chili Dust (Yield: ¼ cup)
- 3 tablespoons turbinado raw cane sugar
- 1 tablespoons ground chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 6 cups lime sorbet
- 12 ginger snap cookies, wafer style
To prepare the Chow-Chow: Combine the mango, shallot, jalapeÃ±o, lime juice and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To prepare the Sweet Chili Dust: Mix the sugar, chipotle powder and salt.
To serve: Scoop 1/2 cup sorbet into a bowl. Top with 1/4 cup Mango Chow-Chow. Sprinkle with Sweet Chili Dust and serve with a cookie.
Source: Chef Allen Susser, Burger Bar, Palm Beach Gardens, FL