- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees °F. Grease a 9x13 pan or cast iron skillet liberally with 1 tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- Make the cornbread and set aside to cool*
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Add celery and onion with ½ teaspoon salt. Sauté until tender and golden, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add 1/8th cup diced jalapeño and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1-minute, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Add the fresh mango and continue sautéing for 2 minutes.
- Carefully move the cooked ingredients to a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with 1 cup of chicken stock. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, parsley, remaining chicken stock, coriander, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and chipotle pepper, if using until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- If the chicken stock is still hot, slowly temper the hot liquid into the large mixing bowl to prevent the eggs from curdling.
- Add the cooked mango mixture to the mixing bowl followed by the can of corn and reserved diced jalapeño and scallion.
- Add 6 cups diced cooked cornbread to the liquid mixture and gently mix by hand until well incorporated.
- Move the mixture into the greased pan and place in the oven to bake for 45 minutes*. If baking in a muffin tin, fill the wells ¾ of the way full and bake for 30-minutes.
*You can either make your own from-scratch cornbread using your favorite recipe, or use a gluten-free cornbread mix for the base of this recipe