- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 medium very ripe, soft mangos, peeled and pitted (1 1/2 mangos pureed and 1/2 mango diced, or 1 cup mango puree and 1/2 cup mango diced)
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- To prepare batter, in a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar. Add the mango puree, egg, vanilla and lime juice.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the mango mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until the dry ingredients are just moistened. Stir in the walnuts and diced mango.
- To bake the mango bread, preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x5x3 inch pan with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing from the loaf pan. Allow to cool for 1 hour on a rack before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Allen Susser.