- 4 whole wheat pitas (4-inch)
- 1 cup low-sodium pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 pepperoni slices
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted, cut into thin strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into thin strips
- 8 black olive slices (about 2 Tbsp)
- 4 mushroom slices
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread 1/4 cup pizza sauce on one side of each pita. Sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese in the center of each pita. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheddar cheese around the outer edge of each pita. Place two pepperoni slices in the middle of each pita and top with two olive slices to make the lion’s eyes. Alternate mango and red pepper strips around the edge of each pita, creating the lion’s mane. Add a mushroom slice in the center of each pizza for the lion’s nose.
Place the pitas on a large baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes. Serve warm.