Not Just for Pennies! Copper & Mangos
Copper isn’t just for pennies! Did you know that copper is also an essential mineral found in all your body tissues? Yep, it’s important to ensure you’re getting enough copper in your diet, and we think we know a way to help.
Our favorite superfruit is a good source of copper, and one cup of mango provides 10 percent of your daily value. If you eat 10 cups of mango, you’re all set on copper for the day. Ok, we realize that’s a lot of mango for one day, so let’s start with just one cup.
Copper’s main role in your body is to support a healthy immune function by helping to form red blood cells. Copper also helps to maintain your bone health, blood vessels and nerves – that’s a handy mineral.
In addition to copper, mangos boast over 20 vitamins and minerals – that’s why we call it the super fun superfruit! If you eat one cup of mango a day, you’ll be getting:
- 100% of your daily value of Vitamin C
- 35% of your daily value of Vitamin A
- 20% of your daily value of Folate
- 12% of your daily value of Fiber
- 10% of your daily value of Vitamin B6
- …and of course, 10% of your daily value of Copper!