- Cut bottom of mango to balance on cutting board. Peel skin off of mango with vegetable peeler. Slice mango close to seed on each side. Cut mango into slices.
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over high heat, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Place mango slices in a clean quart-size glass jar.
- Pour vinegar mixture over mango slices and refrigerate.
- Seal with lid, and refrigerate 8 to 12 hours before serving.
Recipe submitted by Jeanette Jenkins, The Hollywood Trainer