For the Crust:
1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup cane sugar
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup cold butter
For the Filling:
1 cup mango, diced (from 1 ½ mangos)
3 tbsp cane sugar
2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add flour, sugar, coconut, baking powder, and salt to a large bowl.
- Use a box grater to grate the butter into that bowl, then use your hands or a fork to combine. Then, add in the egg and stir. The dough should be wet enough to clump up when you squeeze it in your palm, but not sticky.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil, then transfer ¾ of the dough to the dish, using your hands to press it down; set aside.
- For the filling: add mango, sugar, coconut, and flour to a small bowl and stir to combine. Pour mango on top of the crust, using a spoon or spatula to spread it out.
- Sprinkle the remaining dough on top of the mango filling, then place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Wait at least 20 minutes after the bars are out of the oven before cutting them.
Recipe submitted by Alexis Joseph, The Hummusapien.